I also love kitchen gadgets. I have drawers full of things to use in the kitchen, some of which even still have tags attached. Yet, I'm always looking for the perfect utensil - the one that does everything it promises and makes cooking easier and more fun. One of my photos from this week is of yet another gadget I purchased while we were on vacation.
A Lemon Squeezer
As I said, the cilantro lime rice, lemon chicken with red pepper, corn and avocado salad, and garlic roasted parmesan cauliflower was fantastically delicious. The picture, however, did not turn out how I liked though I kind of like the pops of yellow and green against the white.
A Molcajete
What is a molcajete, you ask? It is essentially a Mexican mortar and pestle, used to make fantastic salsas and guacomole. We used it this week to make some guacomole and I look forward to making some more salsas like the ones we made in Mexico. Of course, I'll have to whip up some delicious margaritas too if I really want to recreate the feeling....
A Whisk
I admit that I kind of googled "abstract photos of kitchen items" and photos similar to this one popped up in the images. I tried to recreate it in black and white and in colour. I then actually cropped the second photo a little to get the look I wanted.
Straws
Another one I should give credit to google for. I actually used a flashlight in the dark with the straws leaning against our red couch to capture this. Multiple attempts were taken but this is the one I liked best.
Can you guess what this is?
As I was putting the straws back in the dining room buffet, I noticed our cocktail shaker in the back and popped the memory card back into my camera for a few more shots prior to posting this blog.
I clearly need practice in macro mode but overall am happy with the angles, lighting and composition in most of the pictures this week. I tried some new things and that's what this is all about, right?
Here's hoping I can find some inspiration for geometric shapes in shades of grey....Somehow the only thing popping into my head is 50 shades of grey and that would be a completely different type of photography.....
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love the shot of the whisk with the orange background best. I also love the molcajete. I have never seen or heard of it before but it does look interesting. I love to cook but have been feeling uninspired lately. Pinterest is a great tool to find things....I never get bored looking at things there
ReplyDeleteWhat a great week. My fave is also the orange whisk but I also love the straws, lemons squeezer (same one as mine I think) and molcajete. Perhaps some salsa for our next games night?
ReplyDeleteIt's a possibility....margaritas too? I make a mean lime margarita on the rocks now.....
DeleteI'm a Pinterest nut too!! Can't get enough of it and keep finding crochet projects to add to a list I will never get through in this lifetime. The two whisk shots are fantastic!! Molcajete....moooolcaaajeeete...I love saying that word. Now off to see if I can find one close to home. Great shots!!!
ReplyDeleteI have a bunch of crochet projects pinned too and I don't even crochet!
DeleteI'm voting for the lemon squeezer and black and white whisk as my favourites this week.
ReplyDeleteI second Max's comment!!!!!!
ReplyDeletePam, well done!! I love them all but the molcajete is my favourite for its colour, its patterns and the description!!
ReplyDeleteLemon squeezer is my favourite! Love the sharp colours and texture of the lemon.
ReplyDelete