Sunday, 25 January 2015

Sharon's Week 3: Stop Looking at Me!!

Faceless Portraits

Wow, what a busy weekend.  I'm not sure that I will get this post finished before I have to leave to pick up Amanda (my Little Sister) for a very chilly snowshoe outing.  Water is boiling as I write so I can bring along some hot chocolate.

Last evening, I enjoyed Robbie Burns Night...highland dancing, bagpipes and drumming and some yummy food (I skipped the haggis).  Maxine is a dancer and I considered taking a faceless photo of her dancing but since she thinks she might have the flu, I took pity on her and didn't.  Our friend's daughter however does not have the same scruples...she took video!

I had some ideas for this assignment but it was a busy week and some of my ideas just couldn't happen.  I did interpret the definition of "portrait" quite freely as you will see.

Portrait of a Growing Boy

Levi has grown about three or four inches since September.  It seems every morning he puts on a pair of jeans that no longer fit.


Portrait of a Birthday Boy

Friday was Levi's 14th birthday.  He didn't want cake...he wanted cookies.


Portrait of the Perfect Snow

Yesterday Levi spent about four hours in the front yard building this tunnel/fort.  This is what I saw when I got home.


Portrait of an 11 Year Old Girl Trying to Photograph a Chickadee with Her Tablet

Last week, Amanda wanted to go back to Whitefish island to feed the birds.


Portraits of the Destruction of a Tree

These hairy woodpeckers on Whitefish Island are determined to de-bark this poor little tree (I usually delete bird photos in which you cannot see the face but these worked out perfectly for this assignment).

Husband...


and wife...


Portrait of a Happy Dog

This is my friend Ali's dog Indy.  On Friday we planned to go out shooting but the heavy all-day snow made us change our plans.  We had tea at her place.


Portrait of a Frustrated Cat

Poor Darkness...he really wants those fish.  And now Levi has a new guppy tank to torment the cat.



Gotta run.  See you all next week.

7 comments:

  1. The theme was very nicely interpreted in many ways!! Kudos.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the short pants shot... I remember those days well. Time sure flies

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your shots are awesome Sharon! I love the pants shot, as well as the birds (as always)! Your cat pic is also nice - I love the reflection of his face in the fish tank - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what Karen said. Those are the pictures in my head....they're just not the ones in my camera. The short pants shot made me laugh - that's what Duncan looks like every few weeks it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! Love the growing boy, birthday boy and pet pictures the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Sharon, I became emotional with yours. Nostalgia perhaps, but the one photo shows a once little boy growing oh too fast and then back to being a boy, busy building a snow fort. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you think I would fit in Levi's Fort? And if I do can you just bury me in there? Dog shot is my fav this week... But I will never shun commenting on a Golden photo!

    ReplyDelete