Not feeling too inspired this week but was able to come up with a few shots yesterday as we were out at the National Art Gallery to see the Jack Bush exhibit. His use of colour field is so inspiring. The story of his struggles with doing what he loved (painting).....with actually having to provide for a family were humbling. I'm glad that later in his life he was able to do full time what he loved and was very successful at it. If you have a chance to capture the exhibit I do recommend it but you do have to take your time and focus on what he was trying to achieve with his color field pieces.
Anyways, off to the pictures!
Japanese udon noodles on a light box.....Sharon, you should remember this from one of the book suggestions you gave me...
Taken of the Basilica across from the art gallery.....
The new atrium ceiling at the art gallery...
Playing with color...
I love these pictures! Especially the perspective with the atrium ceiling and the beautiful vibrant reds…very artistic! The noodles one kind of makes me think of….worms!
ReplyDeleteWow!! I like the subtlety of the colours and then POP in comes the vibrant red. I love them all but really love your play on colours. The composition, the lighting, the colour....everything!!!
ReplyDeleteYou have a light box? I am jealous. Everything is gorgeous but I particularly love the red.
ReplyDeleteThe atrium and playing with colour are my favs. Great job
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I love the nailpolish one but the udon noodles are very creative.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work
ReplyDelete