Sunday, 30 August 2015

Week 34 - Chantal Pellerin

I tried to think of creative ways to reflect our topic this week but I really couldn't think of anything and I didn't find the results of my internet searches to be that helpful.

I decided that I would go to Pinhey's Historical Point on Saturday given that I was bringing Emelie to her friends house for a sleepover.  I have been wanting to go there to see what is there and unfortunately, I just wasn't all that inspired.  Having said that I got a few shots there that I liked and will use.

Then I had this need to go to the MacDonald Cartier bridge and take a picture of the parliament from the bridge.  Um, hello!!! I hate heights and that bridge over the water just was not helping!  So I was too chicken to go to the edge of the bridge to take pictures so my shots were taken from the inside of the walkway and were not very pretty given that there are so many cranes erected everywhere!  It appears that Ottawa is under construction everywhere!  Did I say I left at the crack of dawn this morning?  Yep, it was dark when I left our home with the moon still shining in the sky.  It was a very peaceful walk.  My fitbit tells me I walked over 7.55 miles today so I think I got my steps in!

Here are the shots I took at Pinhey's Point and along my walk today.

When were arrived at Pinhey's Point there was a wedding party getting their photos taken on the grounds.


 
There was also an old fireplace structure that would have been used in the old days and in one wall was a little window.  I took the opportunity to get a picture of Emelie through it.  I love to take pictures within frames...


Pinhey's Point borders the Ottawa river.  There was a family having a party and the girls had wandered down to the dock to sit and chat.



One of the things I appreciate the most about our lakes and rivers is that we can usually see the bottom.  I missed this a lot when I was living in Texas.  The waterways there are very muddy and therefore you can not see the bottom or your feet in it for that matter.



There was also a garden and fruit trees on the property.  Here is a pumpkin peaking out from its foliage.

 
 
Along my walk this morning I saw many interesting things.....the moon was shining very brightly at first and disappeared when the sun started to rise and the clouds rolled in.  Since it was still dusk, I stopped and took a couple of pictures at the bridge which may appear next week since it was more sky then anything.  However, there was this house that seemed to have all of its lamps on.  I took this shot as to me it was saying...come on in, we've left the light on for you.
 




The flowers at the Chinese Embassy seem to be saying save me behind these bars....


The crab apples were dangling heavily on the branches, red for the picking.  The sidewalk was covered in squished apples.



The fire station was screaming....No 5!  (hmmmm......should have maybe kept that one for numbers week....) but I love the beauty of the building.



My shot over the MacDonald Cartier bridge.....maybe never again....



I walked back from the bridge towards the Rideau falls.  The ducks were having a grand old time getting the weeds from the top of the falls.


I took so many pictures of pretty flower beds and properties  but to not overdo it I am only going to attach one flower picture.  I love the contrast of the colors.



After my long walk this morning, I decided to go have a coffee at a place that Emelie wanted me to try since she had been there with her friends.  I enjoyed sitting on the patio for a bit with a scone and a coffee.  What a lovely morning.  I proceeded to walk through a part of our neighborhood that I had never travelled.  Phew!  There are some strange things and then not so strange things.

This looks like a beautiful gallery to explore one day.  I loved the colors and the contrast with the building.



and then there was this......how would you like to live next to this house!



there are no words.


Have a great week everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. What stunning photos, Chantal! That "never again" one was certainly worth overcoming the fear, if only briefly - it's spectacular! Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where to start...the yellow flower on the blue background caught my eye immediately...I love those two colours together. I get your issue with heights. I don't know that bridge but I am sure I would have been the same. I think that photo is beautiful. The apples, the flowers...everything is beautiful. I love when I am out walking and people leave their curtains open...I love to snoop. Although my blinds get closed the minute the sun starts to set. Awesome week.

    ReplyDelete