Skies
I think that I might have put this topic in for this particular week knowing that I would be camping and that skies would be mine for the taking. Well if that is the case, I got my comeuppance. Levi and I arrived at Neys Provincial Park last Sunday in 12 degree windy, overcast weather. I immediately noted that I had neglected to pack our gloves. No worries, it warmed up to 15 and stayed there until Wednesday afternoon at 4:00, along with the heavy, never-ending fog. When I say fog, I don't mean lovely light white stuff highlighting scenic views, I mean I-had-to-go-for-a-drive-so-my-hair-would-dry-after-a-shower fog, wipe-off-the-lens-after-each-photo fog, why-did-I-bother-hanging-up-the-dish-towel-to-dry fog. I wasn't going to give up on this project though so I searched out fog scenes. Then the sun bullied its way out and we had a stunning sunset Wednesday night and a warm and sunny Thursday.
I'm not going to put these in chronological order because I want to start with the stunning sunset panorama that I took with my phone.
Now lets look at that fog...where the sky came down to meet us.
up the beach:
down the beach:
at a scenic waterfall:
oh look, it's trying to break up:
Enough of the fog now. This is the lookout at Alona Bay on our way up to Neys.
My view of the sky from my hammock.
Neys beach is full of driftwood, huge logs, medium logs, little stuff and logs with crazy, intricate roots. Every year there are different structures built on the beach. Someone built this little enclosure and I waited, hoping for the fog to go away so I could have a blue sky.
Here is the sky reflected in a still stream.
This wispy cloud caught my attention.
Tornado?
The view of the sky through the eye of a lake trout. This is a small part of a sculpted bench at the visitor centre.
And a final sunset picture to end this week's topic.











I love your panorama sunset and that last one - stunning! That tornado is cool as are your wispy clouds too. I also love the reflection in the water. Great week! I'm jealous....
ReplyDeleteThat sunset panorama is beautiful! They are all well done. I love the reflection of the sky picture as well as the one where the fog is breaking up and the chairs are in the distance. Lovely composure!
ReplyDelete