Wide Angle Shots
Camera update: I got an email from Canon Canada saying they will fix my camera and send it back...no word on what was wrong with it. I guess I will have to call for that. I picked up my new street zoom lens yesterday (Canon 28-135) that will replace the broken 28-200 and the customs guy let me through without paying the tax. Yay!
But since this week's assignment was "wide angle shots" I have not used the new lens yet. My widest angle is my Canon 18-55. What I like most about wide angles (and I do want a wider angle lens) is the exaggeration of depth you get. That's the kind of thing that was in my mind as we headed out and I did find some shots like that but there are also just scenic shots with foreground, midground and background interest. And some shots that don't look at all like they were taken with a wide angle lens.
All of this week's shots were taken yesterday during a marathon scenic drive Levi and I took to Wawa and back. A funny thing about Wawa...my iPhone thought I said Walla Walla when I texted Maxine to let her know we would be home too late to chat about my cat care duties. I sent the text anyway because I thought it was funny. Send "safe" thoughts Maxine's way this weekend...she is solo backpacking the Crack trail at Killarney. You might remember our photos from there last fall (week 41)...the amazing views (because you are so high), the large boulders that must be climbed, the muddy trails that want to drag your boots where your boots don't necessarily want to go.
About my title, I am not the originator of that play on words but I do love it and will use it shamelessly.
First we have the shoreline at Agawa Bay.
Next we have the crashing waves from ground level. This was really difficult because I was holding the camera down near the ground and I couldn't see through the viewfinder to level the horizon or focus correctly. I couldn't decide on one of these so you get three. The first one is at Old Woman Bay. The other two are from Agawa.
Next we have some interesting driftwood and flowers that grow in sand.
This dead tree was full of woodpecker holes but alas, there were no woodpeckers hanging out when I was there.
We headed to Wawa for some dinner but first did a bit of touristy sightseeing. This is the Joy Super Heavyweight Champion Rotary Blast Hold Drill (I took a picture of that so I could remember). I wonder what they called it for short.
The Wawa goose was a must.
Just south of Wawa are the Silver Falls (which you can barely see in the background here).
On our way back we stopped at Katherine Cove and the plan was to hang out until sunset. As I was waiting (and Levi was napping in the car), I took a few photos but I noticed a bank of clouds at the horizon that would likely ruin the sunset and since Katherine Cove is almost two hours north of here, I decided sunset would happen on the way home.
I was hoping that I had the timing right (not knowing what time sunset actually was). I knew that there were several places I could stop and photograph if needed but I had this place at Mamainse Harbour in mind (you've seen it before). We made it just in time for the sun to sink behind the clouds :(.
I forgot about this shot. I took it on my way home from Elliot Lake on Wednesday. The sky was really grey and cool and the sun was out in places so I pulled over hoping for something great. Then the sun went into hiding.
I see that in two weeks we have "skies." I will be camping and will likely have the opportunity for some interesting skies but feel free to re-interpret the topic...add to it or change it altogether.
Those pictures at the shore line!!!! Beautiful! I also really like the picture with the daisies and the falls in the background. The picture taken at Katherine Cove is great too as there seems to be so much depth in it. Great week!
ReplyDeleteGreat job. Love the shots and thanks for the prays.
ReplyDeleteI love them all! So creative - i never would have thought of something like the daisies for wide angle. Clearly I am not familiar with camera-speak. Great work!
ReplyDelete