Like Sharon, I am posting this rather late. Unlike Sharon, I don't have a good excuse. She was hiking and camping while I was simply enjoying my vacation. The weather isn't nearly as nice as last week's heat wave but the sun is shining and I don't have to get out of my pajamas until I so desire. We haven't officially gone anywhere or done anything other than a couple of trips to St. Joe's Island last weekend (for Richard's Landing Community Days on Friday and a wedding reception and Hilton Beach Community Days on Saturday), and a visit to the Sand River, Katherine's Cove, Bathtub Islands, the Voyageur Lodge and Havilland Bay yesterday, Whitefish Island today. It's been rather nice and I was told today that I looked very relaxed and rested, a look I'm sure I haven't been sporting for the past few months. I am rather sad that this week is quickly coming to an end though...
Anyways, I have no excuses for the late post except that I wasn't motivated to take pictures, wasn't inspired enough by my ideas to make them come to fruition. I tried to think outside the box and consider "things that grow" that may not be the obvious, flowers, children, trees, animals. I thought of love and unfortunately not my bank account but alas, flowers, children it is. I apologize to Sharon's sister but does it help that I've included bugs of some sort in most of my flower photos?
Here we go....
These first few photos are actually from my own flower beds. My parents came over earlier this summer/late spring to help trim the shrubs, cut the dead trees and attempt to create a flower bed in front of our house. These are actually growing! Robert also tried to plant a few vegetables in the back yard but I have not yet figured out how we will split the one green cherry tomato 3 ways (Danica, luckily, doesn't like tomatoes).
I found these others on Whitefish Island today...
These were also from Whitefish Island but are technically not flowers...The first are some pretty red berries and the second is some crabapples we noticed. Duncan also picked loads of raspberries on our walk but none of my pictures of those were worth posting.
We then noticed some wildlife that grows... a frog....and a duck - I was hoping that some of the ducklings were still little but they weren't so a duck it is!
Finally, the kids - my how they've grown. It amazes me to look at them and listen to them and think of how quickly it really has gone. This picture was taken at the Sand River yesterday.
Apparently this week I was supposed to be taking "silhouette" photos. I guess that means I need to either get out of my pajamas earlier or stay out of them later so that I can leave the house before breakfast or after dinner to catch some silhouettes...Yikes....
Love the flowers growing in your garden and its amazing how much your kids have grown over the last couple of years. I love the shot of the berries and the crab apples. Looks like you had a wonderful week and a lovely break!
ReplyDeleteMy favourite is the one of the kids but of course I love all the flowers and bugs. For not being inspired this week you got quite the great selection. Good luck with the silhouettes...maybe there will be nice sun today?
ReplyDelete