Scaramouge! Scaramouge! Will you do the fandango?
So this week's topic was "silhouette". I tried hard but appeared to have failed miserably now that I've downloaded the photos onto my computer. The early morning and late evening light escaped me so I attempted my silhouettes in the light of day which was clearly not successful. This left me with 2 options: 1) avoid posting this week or 2) post them anyways and you can just pretend that they are much, much darker than they are. I guess a third option would be to scrounge through the archives to see if I have some accidental silhouettes (I know that I struggled with this topic last year too).
I voted for option 2 as I really don't want Sharon to feel I've abandoned her as have so many others who started this project with us last year and again this year. I'm sure she is beginning to think that given that every post lately is late, late, late! And this past week I was on holidays so there really isn't a good excuse for the tardiness...
Anyways, let's try to picture these photos darker, shall we? Maybe imagine some pretty blue sky in the background too. Perhaps some sunglasses would help or if all else fails, a glass of wine or a margarita or a beer or a mojito or whatever else may catch your fancy?
These first two were taken at Whitefish Island. Duncan had a friend over for a playdate on Thursday so we headed there for a little walk.
On Friday, Robert, the kids and I headed back to Whitefish Island and then onto Fort Creek for a couple of walks. This dried out, dying little florally thing (can you tell that I'm not a horticulturalist?) caught my eye. If you look closely, there is even a tiny winged insect on the stem.
We visited St. Joe's Island for a picnic supper and swim on Saturday afternoon. I tried so hard to get this lighthouse in silhouette and was so convinced I was finally successful when I looked at the photo on the camera screen.
While walking along the boardwalk, Robert and Duncan were so helpful and tried a variety of poses but alas, this isn't technically even semi-silhouette like...
I had a tad more success on the St. Joe's Island lookout on our way home where I found this funky tree. Robert once again was a good sport and tried his best to assist me in creating a fun silhouette. Instead, we have a fun Robert picture.
I have no idea what this week's assignment is. I just tried looking at the list that I always keep in my camera case to discover that it's gone missing. Oopsie. I must find that again or else I have to call Sharon and beg her to keep me updated on the assignments.
Hope everyone has a fantastic week!
Abstract in nature (which I think is much like patterns in nature and lines in nature I am afraid).
ReplyDeleteI think you did awesome considering they were all taken during the day...that is difficult. All great ideas and even though it's not a silhouette, I love the one of Robert making the heart.
good job Pam! thunder bolt of lightening ..very very frightening. :)
ReplyDeleteWow....I don`t think you failed at this....very nice pictures. My favorites are the birds, the flower and the last shot of your husband. Hope you enjoyed your week.
ReplyDelete