Abstract in Nature
You should know that Hermione is back in the hospital, this time for vague "crappy shooting" complaints. I finally came to the conclusion on Friday that both the camera body and my favourite lens were out of commission and I took action. The camera is hopefully repairable but the lens is so old, it would cost more to even look at than I paid for it used eight years ago. My new Canon 28-135 lens should arrive sometime this week.
Because of the camera/lens problems I was quite grumpy about photography and didn't get out until Friday night (in the heat and boy was I in a bad mood) to get any of this week's shots. I got some that I thought I could use but was hopeful that I could get a few more yesterday when we were at my friend Kathy's camp for our "blah blah night" annual get-together which has been renamed by Pam's kids from "games night" because as they say, we never play games, we just talk. Kathy's dad must spend at least half of his time maintaining his beautiful grass and gardens so I was able to get a few pictures there (along with a whole bunch of shots of dogs and kids enjoying the water).
My title this week is something I have probably said a hundred or so times in the past 24 years..."It's not anything, it's just art" is how I respond when people stare at my necklace, trying to figure out what it is. It was a gift when leaving my first ever OT job and it is a beautiful piece of silver art but it does not form anything concrete. That's kind of how I approached this week's topic. I looked for beautiful things in nature that didn't necessarily resemble concrete objects...kind of like patterns that ran amok.
If you use your imagination, this past-its-prime queen anne's lace can be so many things, including the International Space Station.
I just thought this looked unclear and therefore "abstract."
I feel like I can see something in this group of berries but just can't put my finger on it.
With only one lonely piece of grass in focus, I thought this screamed "abstract."
The shape between the trees appealed to me then when I had the photo up on the computer I rotated it for fun and liked it this way best.
I see a cow dancing or diving and a fish. What do you see?
I really liked this flower shape and since it's kind of running amok, I included it.
This old bee balm caught my eye and the out of focus background adds to the eeriness I think.
That's it for me this week. Now to look at yours.
Hmm... more flowers what will your sister say? I like them all. Great job.
ReplyDeleteOh I get it... It's the Camera who is sick. Better that than kitten😃
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos as usual, Sharon! Great week (and regardless of what Anne says - I do like your flower photos).
ReplyDeleteI love the queen anne lace shot. It looks suspended in air. I also love the red flower sphere shot. I too, love your flower shots!
ReplyDelete