Below the Knee
I sit here feeling very guilty for not being outside enjoying the gorgeous weather. I was out for a couple of hours out this morning so the lovely day has not been wasted but that sun is really calling to me...I just can't figure out what to do, where to go, so instead I blog. Perhaps a beverage on the patio when I am done.
This week's topic wasn't supposed to be quite so limited in subject but as it turned out, my other ideas just didn't work out. So, among a few others photographs, you get a lot of cats and shoes this week.
This bursting burr was hanging low with the sun behind it at Whitefish Island this morning.
One day this week I was home at lunch time and Eclipse (who continues to be a bit lonely and needy) was wanting some attention. I grabbed my phone because she looked so cute then I liked the way my black clothes were in the photo with the black cat so I included it.
She is not going to be lonely for long. This is one of our soon-to-be-new kittens. We won't get them until the first week of June but we have visitation rights so you might see Cat A and Cat B a fair bit over the next few weeks. Cat A was lying on Levi's legs, below the knee (we do not have names picked out yet...I want Bellatrix (Bella) and Narcissa (Sissy) but Levi is not keen on those names).
This is the litter five days later that the foster lady sent me. The grey and black ones are ours.
I love the look of the piles of shoes and boots when they are colourful or neatly lined up. Some schools have this as a job...lining up the footwear neatly. I didn't have enough time to wander the whole school looking for the best shot. This one was right outside the room I was working in and I left the shoes just as they were. Someone apparently only has one foot.
Yesterday I was off (yay!) and I thought of trying to make a photograph of my feet standing on one of the bridges on the Hub Trail at Fort Creek looking out at the scenery. When I got to the scenic bridge, I was disappointed...I thought it was a metal grate that you could see through but it was solid wooden planks. I had to re-think my plans. I do love the little creek that winds its way through the park so I decided since it was way below me on the bridge, this photo would qualify as below the knee. You can see the shadow of the bridge that I am standing on.
This is the metal grate bridge but it doesn't have the scenic view so I still couldn't carry out my idea. I usually stare straight ahead when I cross this bridge because I get quite dizzy looking down. I sat at the beginning of the bridge as if refusing to cross. I sadly sat on my glasses which were in my jacket pocket which was tied around my waist. Now my glasses sit a little bit crooked on my nose and that is after having them fixed at the optician.
Saultites: which bridge was it that Mayor Rowswell didn't wan't built because his engineering firm said it was unsafe?
This morning, Amanda and I went to feed the ducks. Unfortunately, the ducks did not cooperate and none showed up. Fortunately, there was mud to play in.
This is Bandit, one of the cats at the shelter where Levi and I volunteer. We got this new cat wheel but the cats are not interested. Levi used the red dot trick to get Bandit to run on the wheel.
A sure sign of spring...crocus (crocuses?). These were in full bloom outside of the Bellevue greenhouse last Sunday. Now I have a few in my gardens.
And that is the perfect photo on which to end . Happy warm weather everyone.






I love the bursting burr and the crocus shots the best. Your little sister's boots in the mud and your feet on the Fort Creek bridge are cool too. I like Bellatrix too - I would have thought that would be one Levi might agree on.....Great week!
ReplyDeleteThe burr and the metal grate bridge shots are my favorite although who can resist pictures of those kittens! Well done!
ReplyDelete