What a week this has been. The weather has been up and down all over the map. The sun has been shining as long as I didn't have my camera in hand with the goal of taking a picture. The day I chose to risk putting on my spring coat, the sun stayed hidden and the temperature did not feel nearly as warm as predicted. Work has been crazy busy and the dementia I caught from Sharon was at an all-time high (so much so, in fact, that one day I was struggling unsuccessfully to say something and said to my colleague, "Ah, my dentures!" when I was trying to curse my dementia. For the record, I don't even have dentures!) The kids have been a little maniacal, eagerly anticipating the arrival of the bunny; I'm a little worried to see them tomorrow after they've eaten some chocolate!
Thankfully, this is a long weekend! The weather could be better, sunnier, warmer, but I'll take the extra day off and be thankful. Yesterday was spent baking and colouring Easter eggs, followed by dinner at my parents' house and a couple of games of cards; one was painfully long and I did not win though I didn't lose as badly as my brother who ended up with less points than my grandmother who quit partway through! I am proud to say the second game was quick and won handedly by yours truly! Today was Duncan's cub car rally at the Mall. He won 2 of his races and lost 2; he wasn't particularly upset about losing the last one as he was ready to "retire" since we'd been there for over 3 hours by that point. Unfortunately, Danica began vomiting when we were about to get ready to head out for dinner so Robert had to stay home with her while Duncan and I joined the rest of my family at Giovanni's. Don't feel too bad for him, though, as he's now out with friends. I'm just hoping she's done now and we can all get some sleep tonight....
Oh, and we've also discovered that we may have a mouse in our house. This is probably not something I should share a couple of days before I host bookclub at our house but it's the truth. We have a little cold room/crawl space under the entryway where we sometimes store extra bags of rice, etc. and Robert found little holes in one of the rice bags today and in a bag of pasta yesterday. Now, I'm not scared of mice, per se, but I'd rather not have them sharing my abode and am a little stressed about the fact that it may pop out from somewhere unexpectedly and scare the bejeezus out of me. My dad's going to bring over some mousetraps tomorrow; we didn't know about it in time for him to bring them over with the steamcleaner he brought tonight to clean up after Danica.
Perhaps since the purpose of this blog is to share photographs and not to babble on forever and ever, I should get to the point. My patterns this week are a little bit random. There is certainly no pattern in my patterns!
One morning on my way to work, I liked the look of the pattern of the frost on my passenger side window. I was hoping the sunrise would provide a pretty light in the background but it didn't.
My kids have been busy doing "science experiments" this week before breakfast. Duncan had some kits that he'd gotten in his stocking at Christmas. One of them was to grow rainbow spheres. I liked how the red and yellow ones looked together.
Yesterday, the kids decided they wanted to meet Uncle Chris who was walking his dog to our house to help with the egg decorating. I liked the shadow pattern a tree made in the snow en route.
While I was helping Danica decorate her share of the eggs, I glanced across the table at the eggs Duncan was painting and loved the pattern on this one.
While at my mom's last night for dinner, I knocked over her beautifully blooming Christmas cactus but took notice of a bouquet of tulips she had moved off the table so that we could have dinner. I hadn't realized Sharon was taking essentially the same picture or I wouldn't have attempted it but too late.
Here's hoping the Easter bunny makes it to our house! Perhaps he'll take the illness away with him before it spreads to the rest of us. Happy Easter to all of you!
That tulip is gorgeous!!! The way the colours mix makes it look like a painting...a gorgeous painting. I took a similar tree shadow picture so maybe we share more than dentures - or dementia. What a great idea with the frost. I think the sunrise added some beautiful light.
ReplyDeleteDon't mention your visitor to Maxine. She calls them they-who-shall-not-be-named and she has a serious issue with them.
Pam- learn from me.... Do not celebrate when you think they are gone. That just infuriates the rest of the squeak mob and the head boss's plots ways how the mob can make your life a living hell. Mice..... Lice..... two words that rhyme and can take over your life and imagination!
ReplyDeleteAlthough I sincerely wish we didn't have frost, that picture is my favourite Pam! I also like the colour of the rainbow spheres and the tulip. You made me laugh out loud with your dentures/dementia story! Sorry to hear about your mouse troubles - like you, I don't really mind mice "in theory" but I don't want to live with one either (or many as the case may be) - hope the mouse traps work!
ReplyDeleteNice shots and very entertaining blog... Entertaining at your expense!!!
ReplyDelete