Saturday, 11 April 2015

Sharon's Week 14: Light, Camera, Action!

Beautiful Light

You're going to have to settle for just plain light.  I'm not convinced that any of these photos have beautiful light but I did in fact think about light all week...I just couldn't execute any of my ideas.  We have had a whole lot of overcast weather and during today's gorgeous warm, sunny day, I was out at mid-day...nowhere near beautiful light.  It was much too nice to be inside though, so after I dropped Levi off at a friend's house, I headed to Whitefish Island.  You should have seen all the fair-weather nature lovers out today!  For the past several months, I have had the place to myself, meeting only one or two others during my walks.  Today, I ran into about a hundred people during the two and a half hours I was there.  

This is our waterfront.  I took a similar photo last November for the 365 project and last night when I had few ideas and not a lot of time left, I decided to reproduce it, from a slightly different angle.  Thanks to Maxine for keeping me company in the black, windy, freezing night (I'm a chicken at night by myself).


Last Sunday I headed to Echo Bay for sunrise.  I didn't get away early enough to drive around and find the perfect picture spot but I did catch sunrise.


This is our princess Eclipse.  She requires our attention at all times now.  It is really hard to get a decent picture of a black cat in a sunbeam...some day I will figure it out.  This is just overcast light coming in the window.


Yesterday I played with candles.   The first picture is an idea I got from googling candle light.  I don't love the design I chose but I couldn't come up with any alternatives given the amount of space I had (the size of the black paper the candles were sitting on).


This is the top of a pretty candle holder that I received from my secret pal at work for Easter.  I thought that I could get more reflections on the wall but this was very difficult.


Our big fish tank has curved front glass and when the sun shines in through the window in the morning, we get a lovely rainbow on the wall.


I know that the harsh afternoon light is not beautiful but I love male mallards' heads and it seems like they give off their own beautiful light, especially when the water drops are visible.


And I don't think I have shown you a chickadee for a while so here is one.


I hope everyone is having gorgeous weather to enjoy this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I just put my photos in my photobook and noticed that there was a chickadee last week. Oh well, no such thing as too many birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the waterfront, the picture of Eclipse and the tea lights best. Wonderful to see all your pictures over the last 10 weeks I have missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, all great shots Sharon - I like the waterfront and sunrise pictures the best. And of course the bird shots - what lens do you use to capture the birds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the waterfront and sunrise shots the best though that chickadee is pretty too. Great week again!

    ReplyDelete