Saturday, 4 April 2015

Sharon's Week 13: Patterns, Patterns Everywhere

Patterns

I was a last-minute photographer this week.  I took all of the photos yesterday and today after I got out of my funk.  I chatted with Pam yesterday morning and tried to get her to kick me in the butt to get out of the house.  I was looking at my camera which was sitting by the door but I just couldn't take that next step to actually go to and then out the door.  I think that my blues this week were a combination of things...the after-vacation-back-to-work funk, losing Darkness to kidney failure on Monday, the five day caffeine withdrawal headache that Motrin couldn't touch, dealing with the 800-odd photos from Florida that I decided to keep...together those are probably enough to make even the happiest Polliana feel down.  Well, I did get out (to Whitefish Island) yesterday and that turned things around.   Now Florida seems like a distant memory, Eclipse has turned into a loving, happy cat now that she is on her own (too bad we won't leave it that way for long), my photos are processed and ready to be made into a photobook and my headache is gone.   So, I am back to normal today and already thinking of photos for next week (not coming up with any concrete ideas but at least I am thinking of photography again). 

Note to dad:  the next time we vacation together, do NOT let me have caffeinated coffee every morning, even if I say it will be okay.

I like looking for patterns in nature but this is a bad time of year for that.  I tried my best at the locks yesterday and then I headed to the Bellevue greenhouse today for some more ideas.

Here is a tulip that is just past its prime that was at the greenhouse this morning.


This cool cactus offered unlimited options with its patterns.


Ferns always catch my eye because of their patterns.


This leaf interested me too.  Too bad it has white spots on it.


I think that our bridge is pretty photogenic...at least I have a lot of photographs of it.  This first shot highlights the repetitive pattern of the bridge supports.


This is the underside of the bridge which shows the patterns in the structure.


The railings that keep people from falling into the locks, together with the shadow created a pattern that I found interesting.


I love this building.  We don't have a lot of interesting wrought iron here and I admire this roof every time I visit the locks.


The ducks have returned to the island.  This lady duck's feathers make a cool pattern.


I know that technically, there isn't a "pattern" on this chickadee but all chickadees have the same colouring so I think that is a pattern.


I have to go make sure that the Easter Bunny can get in the house tonight.  Happy Easter everyone.

3 comments:

  1. You have got to be kidding me! This is the 3rd time I've posted this comment now! What I've been trying to say is that this looks nothing like the uninspired photo week you were describing to me yesterday morning. I love the tulip, cactus and chickadee photos but the bridge photos are cool too. Awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your shots this week Sharon - all great patterns! My favourites are the fern and the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the close up shot of the bridge!! Nice work!! You always have such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete