So the challenge this week was exactly as I described above - no beautiful days and no sunshine. That's a bit of a lie - last Sunday was a beautiful day, hence the one photo, but seeing as it was Easter Sunday, I was otherwise occupied with family obligations. Through the week, Duncan and I attempted to get some beautiful light photos using his prism and his Lite-Bright nightlight, but alas, 'twas not to be. Yesterday was gorgeous too, apparently, but I was sicker than a dog and only left my bed to move to the couch or to the bathroom. Finding beauty or light wasn't really on the agenda. Luckily, today was also fantastic so although I didn't seek out any sources of beautiful light, I was able to capture a few photos in the sunlight, which in my humble opinion is the most beautiful light there is.
This is a picture of my brother's dog, Q-tip, basking in the sunlight on my parents' couch last Sunday.
Danica riding her bike in today's sunlight.
Duncan blowing bubbles in the sun.
Only in Canada do parents let their kids play in puddles in the front yard wearing rubber boots and swimsuits while there is still 2 feet of snow on the ground...
I also considered being totally cheesy and just taking pictures of my kids with or without light because I think they're beautiful and they are the lights of my life....
What's next week's assignment? Hopefully it's not weather dependent.....
The Q-tip shot is fantastic! Smiling ear to ear at the shots of the kids....boy, something about sharing these projects and seeing the kids grow in front of the lens! Just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThat is a gorgeous shot of Q-tip! I love all the kids ones too, especially the one where the bathing suits are clearly visible...I like their reflection in the puddle.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Where is Danica's helmet?!
We have not actually been able to find it yet in our garage cleaning endeavours, Sharon. She is just riding in our driveway until we find hers or get her a new one...
DeleteLove the Q-tip picture Pam! What a great name for a dog! And he looks like he is smiling for you....and of course your kids are gorgeous - great shots of them! And I really love your line about swimsuits and 2 feet of snow - well said!
ReplyDelete