Saturday, 21 March 2015

Sharon's Week 11: It's All About Me

Hello from sunny Florida!  I apologise now if I sound a little smug or if my shots from today and the ones to come this week make you sad to still be in Canada.  I left the Sault this morning in a little bit of a snowstorm, headed into rain in Toronto and landed in sunny 30 degree weather at noon in Orlando.  As a matter of fact, the heat kind of hit me like a brick wall considering I was wearing jeans and socks and shoes!!!!  30 degrees and socks and shoes do not generally go together.  Levi, my sister and my mom have spent the afternoon in the pool while I photographed them (and me) and it's just about time for me to hit the hay.  My alarm was set for 4:00am but my body alarm decided that 1:45 was a good time to wake up.  Tomorrow, it's Discovery Cove for us...I am likely to get an animal photo or two in the free flight aviary or the tropical fish pool.

As for this self-portrait week...ugh!  Not my thing at all.  I laughed at myself each time I pulled out my phone to take a selfie...I had to because I generally laugh when I see other people doing it.  And it was really hard to get the right angle and everything.  All I can say is that I am glad that this week is over!

My first self-portrait is of me in the most amazing ice cave up at Sawpit Bay.  My friend Ali called last Sunday and asked if I wanted to explore some more since the sun was out.  I was busy until 3:00 but we headed up after that when sadly, the sun had gone behind a cloud.  Never mind, we found this cave that I hadn't noticed before.  It was huge and there were stalactites on every surface but the ground.


The reason I couldn't get out with Ali until 3:00 is because my Little Sister and I had plans to go bowling.  Somehow, I didn't think of the fact that I have had a tennis elbow (that I have neglected to do anything about) for the past couple of months.  Just try to swing a ten pound ball when your elbow feels like that!  This is what happens when you do.


Okay, so I faked this shot but it certainly felt like I could have fallen each time I threw that ball!

Next we have...me!  Ha, so this is my new haircut.  I thought it was time...my old style has been with me for about 30 years.  My hairdresser was so happy to do this for me.


Today Levi was having fun falling backwards into the pool at the house my parents have rented.  I tried and tried and tried to get a shot of me looking at him falling into the pool.  I just couldn't get the angle right.  I finally got the set up that would work and used the photo burst.  I did capture him in ten photos from standing until this big splash but I chose this photo because this is supposed to be a self-portrait.  I got soaked from this one.  If you look carefully you can see a little drop passing by my cheek.


And finally, my toes.  I enjoyed a lovely pedicure yesterday morning, compliments of my parents (a Christmas gift).  And I enjoyed stepping into the pool to cool off this afternoon.


That's it...only five this week and that only happened because of our lovely house in Florida.

3 comments:

  1. Great shots Sharon - my favourite is the new haircut shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite is the bowling photo - such a familiar pose :) I love the looks of that ice cave - hopefully we'll be able to find it during our adventure in the frigid cold this afternoon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha..ha..nice shots. Love the new 'do and the sunniness in all of your photos! Little jealous.

    ReplyDelete