Another bone-chilling week, but there are some subtle signs of spring starting to show…like melting snowbanks and the fact that we can actually see some of the painted lane markings on the streets! Yay for us!
I struggled with the "frame within a frame" concept, but really enjoyed the primary colours! It was so much fun being "on the look-out" for primary colours all week - eventually I decided to walk around my parents' house and take pictures of some of their Fiesta dishes, ruby glass and a hanging rug that my grandmother made years ago. I took the rest of the pictures at home and while out snowshoeing.
A snowshoe "frame" within a snowshoe track was the only "frame within a frame" that I could think of! And now on to the primary colours...
Nummy pears fit the bill for yellow!
Fiesta salt & pepper shakers in a nice, bright orange….radioactive some say!
A beautiful ruby glass for red…..
Some icicle-laden pine boughs for green….
And my own blue crackle glass vase for blue! I tried to get some of the light shining through with marginal success.
And finally a mix of many primary colours in my grandmother's rug-hooking handiwork! This rug is quite large - probably 4 feet by 8 feet - and it takes up almost an entire wall…I just took a picture of a small part of it.
Can't wait to see everyone else's shots! Have a good week! :)




Wow, that rug must have been a long term project for your grandmother. I love the cracked blue glass...the light/shadow coming through is perfect and the ruby red glass is beautiful too. Great idea with the snowshoe.
ReplyDeleteFantastic week. I like that you shot the primary colours individually. It never even crossed my mind to do that. The red and the blue shots jumped out at me. That rug is simply gorgeous. The colours and design are right up my alley.
ReplyDeleteI love your snowshoe frame - great idea! I never would have thought to photograph all the primary colours individually - great idea! I think the 2nd crackle glass vase shot is my fave.
ReplyDelete