Sunday, 29 March 2015

Pam's Week 12 - Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Or not.  This week's topic was "Animals" and as Sharon pointed out, we don't have any living animals in our house, unless of course you count my children.  Please don't think we're "anti-pet" because we've had guinea pigs and fish and Duncan is begging for a puppy and a bird; we just don't seem to have much luck with pets.  We also had winter return with a bit of a vengeance this week so I wasn't particularly motivated to spend a lot of time searching for animals.  I could have gone the stuffed route or picked up a box of animal crackers, but I didn't, mostly because the thought just occurred to me as I sat down to write this post.

Somehow Sharon began to think of the Irish Rovers song about animals.  The songs that comes to my mind, however, are "Animal" by Def Leppard or "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails which references doing things like an animal in its chorus.  Clearly, this illustrates our very different musical preferences.  I'll spare you the lyrical details this week.

Anyways, I did my best to seek out an animal or two this week and decided to include some archived photos as well.  I was really wanting to take some farm animal photos but I don't have a farm and my family with farms live an awfully long way away...

This was a dog we saw running around the Sawpit Bay ice caves last weekend.  I don't know where his owners were which is why I thought I could sneak a photo of him quickly.

A black and white woodpecker found during a walk on Whitefish Island with Sharon a few weeks ago that I forgot to include in my black and white week.


These are some horses I discovered while driving around hoping to stumble across some farm animals in the city.  Unfortunately by the time I turned the car around to find a place to stop to safely snap the photo, the horses had moved and the composition wasn't as appealing.

 Danica and her best friend, Ila as butterflies at Ila's birthday party yesterday.

Sheep discovered on St. Joe's Island in September with Sharon en route to book club (we were searching for "harvest" photos).


And that's it for this week, folks.  Let's hope finding patterns worth photographing is easier!

3 comments:

  1. Oops, I forgot all about another week starting today! Great ideas. I love the girls as butterflies and the clandestine puppy photo and birds always appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Pam, the last one …such an interesting view! I see the snow is slowly going at last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sheep picture! Also love the woodpecker shot - and of course the butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete