I actually completed my photos for this week in a timely fashion! I took them all on Wednesday but I've been busy making photobooks from old albums in order to use the free photobook coupons I've been sent by Photobook Canada and Shutterfly. I've also been cooking up a storm and attempting, in vain, to clean my house. I just noticed that Sharon posted her blog for this week though so thought maybe I should write mine too. I should also warn you that both kids helped me this week and will likely be wanting to post their blogs tomorrow night (I promised Danica that I would help her with the writing as she can't spell many words yet).
In a quest to discover as many letters as we could, the kids and I took advantage of the lovely evening on Wednesday to go to Bellevue Park and wander around, looking for the alphabet. Afterwards, I thought I could have taken photos of letters that have been sent to me in the past but decided to stick with the alphabet. Here goes....
First up - my name...
The scroll work at the top of an archway I'd never noticed before. Yes, I rotated the photo.
The 'A' for 'Algoma Steel' on the side of poor, lonely Porter, the train engine they no longer let children play on for fear they might get hurt.
All that remains of the lighthouse, likely removed from Topsail Island for the same, sad reason.
When I look at my other pictures, it looks like I can spell one more word before they just become random. All of this spelling was purely accidental, by the way. Until I read Sharon's post, it hadn't even occurred to me to attempt to take photos that would spell a word. She's so smart, that Sharon.
Danica noticed this as a 'C'. When I looked at it from a different angle, voila!
I meant this as an 'O', but if you look closely, there's an 's' in the rust in the centre of the circle. This is all that's left of the old shell of a ship that I used to play hide and seek in as a child. Alas, it's also been removed. We really wouldn't want kids to get hurt on any non-traditional playground equipment.
The propeller sits outside the greenhouse and I thought it resembled an 'X'. You'll be happy to know that my kids still can and do climb all over it!
Now we'll move onto the random letters I found in my walk through the park...
When you look at the arms of the park benches from the side, they look like the letter 'J'.
This next one, I actually took yesterday when the kids and I went to the Mill Market to purchase some Reese's popcorn. I know it sounds strange but trust me when I tell you that it's phenomenal! I'd first noticed that these lampposts look like an 'r' while driving along Foster Drive the night before but the pictures I got weren't particularly good with the dark clouds in the background. The little seagull seemed to add something to it.
That's it for me for this week. I will likely be back tomorrow helping the kids post their blogs though. Duncan already has his title picked out; I'm not sure about Danica. I hope no one minds that I am allowing them to contribute. Giving them their cameras and a reason to walk with me sure cuts down on the whining and complaining that usually ensues!
Have a great week everyone! I know I'll be late posting this week as we head out of town for my cousin's wedding. I will look up the assignment for this week and do my best to get the photos though!
Of course the kids are welcome! I can't wait to see what they saw. I laughed at the seagull on the r. Many kids I work with make that kind of r (without the stick at the beginning) and when they add the stick afterwards, it is often in the middle of the curve, just like where the seagull is sitting - so it's a perfect r for a kid with poor printing! The armrest J jumped out at me as my favourite but the letters of your name are also stunning. I think someone threw their gum at poor Porter in protest at his closure. Great week Pam. I'll check back tomorrow for the kids' pics.
ReplyDeleteDanica makes an 'n' in a similar fashion! It drives me bonkers! And that's a bolt in the Porter "A", not gum. I zoomed in to be sure :)
DeleteLove the letters used to spell your name. That S in the O is great too! Love that you are involving the kids. It also makes them look at everyday things differently. Glad they all transitioned well back to school and wow that Reeses popcorn sure sounds good!
ReplyDelete