Letters
Well, this was a half-assed photography week for me. On Friday evening I still hadn't taken any photos and I knew that I was spending Saturday driving to Sudbury, sitting in an all day meeting followed by dinner with the group and trying to fit in a trip to Chapters (which I successfully did, by the way - obviously books took precedence over photography). So I ran around the house with Hermione, who is back from the hospital with unspecified repairs, and my flash looking for random letters. I packed the camera for the day in Sudbury in case there was a nice sunrise on the way or dinner fell through or our meeting got out early (hah!) and I ended up taking a few more shots in the hotel room while watching reruns of NCIS. I also watched an episode of a sitcom I had never heard of that has the actor who played Tim the Tool Man in it and I really enjoyed the humour. I had forgotten how much I had liked that old show (evidently I have also forgotten the name of that actor and that show). All in all, in the end I got some letters but I'm not keen on my effort. If I was in school nowadays I would get an "N" for "needs improvement" in all of those independent learning skills but sadly, I did not find an N to photograph. Things are looking better now because I have already taken a few shots for this coming week, thanks to my sister (who is visiting and who brought fudge!) and my dad.
I was hoping to get letters that would spell something relevant but leaving it until the last minute and not planning ahead made that impossible...unless you consider DWQSLEVBJ a word. Oh look, you can almost spell Levi and my initials are in there.
Here is a W. It is the top of my absolute favourite book mark. The book mark is soft leather so it doesn't slide down between the pages and it is in the pattern of a zebra and it came from Africa. We have a tradition in our book club that when one of us travels somewhere exotic, we bring back book marks for the group. We still do this even though many of us use ereaders now. I am excited to go hunting for book marks in India soon!
The half moon window on my front door formed a D (when I rotated the picture - trees don't really grow horizontally on my street).
Continuing with the window theme, I have a textured widow at my side door and right now there is a blue tarp sitting on the patio and acting as a lovely coloured background for this J.
I searched through my utensil drawer and found this Q on the top of my barbecue tongs.
As I was putting those away, I caught sight of a B. Ignore the dirty handles, those are well used tongs and I couldn't be bothered (see above re: N for needs improvement) to scrub them first.
My bedroom blinds gave me my only vowel for the week (thus limiting any words I could spell), E. I actually did take the time to wipe the dust from them :).
Now we move on to the Howard Johnson in downtown Sudbury. I was hesitant as I walked past a police officer sitting in his car apparently guarding the side entrance then up a rather ratty looking stairwell to my room. I thought that the organizer had used poor judgement in the choice of this hotel. But then I opened the door to my room and was pleasantly surprised...it was clean and looked recently redone, there was a mini Keurig coffee maker for the morning and free wifi and breakfast (bacon and egg type breakfast) included. I turned on the TV (which I have not watched all summer apart from the short season of Rookie Blue) and was inspired to look for letters in the room.
I found an S in the leg of the table.
The L was the corner of the dresser drawers.
And this V is the corner of a painting on the wall.
And there we have it.
Great job. The actors name is Tim Allen... If that helps.
ReplyDeleteAnd Tool Time was the show! Duh!
DeleteTool Time was his show on the show, not the name of the show itself :)
DeleteThe show was Home Improvement :) My favourites are the 'W' - great find on that one - and the 'Q', which was another brilliant catch! Great week - doesn't look half-assed to me :)
ReplyDeleteI really like it.
ReplyDelete- Duncan
I love the Q! What a find! You know, you make it look so easy and yet here I am with a multitude of items around me and I just can't seem to be creative. You have definitely shown a creative side this week and made it look effortless! Well done!
ReplyDelete