Monday, 28 September 2015

Pam's Week 38: When will my Reflection show who I am inside?

In case you didn't recognize the above lyric, it's from the song Christina Aguilera sings in the movie  'Mulan'.  It really isn't some deep thought.

I am proud of the fact that I am actually posting this week's post only a day or two late!  That's particularly impressive since I was away over the weekend at our annual bookclub weekend at Wakamata Shores.  It was a much smaller group this year than sometimes but there was no less wine, food, or laughs.  At dinner on Saturday evening, there were 8 people sitting at the table and 5 open bottles of wine!  I should probably point out that only 7 of us were even indulging as Karen was driving home after dinner.

The weather was perfect, the company was fantastic, the wine and food were quite delectable.  Some of the more memorable moments would likely be the tooth flying out of a mouth and falling between the cracks in the dock (later to be found, believe it or not), and the wild game of Catch Phrase.  I can hardly wait for next year!

I had to make this picture the cover for this week's blog post to make sure it enticed people to read...This was the very, very yummy sangria that Sharon made for us to drink during our discussion of this month's books.  I have to get the recipe from her!



I liked the reflection of the sky in the window of Mary's cottage.  I thought the folded up chair added that special je ne said quoi to the picture.


I wasn't going to include this shot as I noticed that Sharon included a very similar shot albeit more professional looking.  I decided I liked it anyways.


This was also from our early morning sunrise on the dock.  It was so much prettier a few minutes earlier but unfortunately my early morning bladder run made me miss it.


This lonely little leaf fell gently past us as it floated onto the cloud reflection in the water.


I really wanted to include a photo of the reflected colours but the colours are quite late this year and clearly very muted.


To pep it up a little, I decided reflecting it into my wine would add a little excitement...


On Thursday morning, the sunrise on my way into work was simply stunning.  You can't really tell in this photo but I still thought the reflection in the hospital window was pretty.



Now, I have already taken this week's photos so I can assure you that this week's post should be on time for once!  Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Just lovely Pam! I love the reflection shots of the glasses and I think my overall favorite is the one with the window and the chair. The shots by the dock look so inviting and the reflection of the trees in the water are beautiful. Another great week and I'm jealous that you already have this week's photos taken....10 steps out my door leads you to concrete! Not very interesting so I'm struggling to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chantal, feel free to interpret that assignment however you want...I chose to take the photos at Mary's camp (as did Pam) because her place is beautiful and mine is not. Pick some pretty place and stick around one area or change it altogether.

      Delete
  2. Hey Pam, what happened to the reflections in Helen's glasses? The sangria, the window at Mary's (it looks like a painting) and the reflection in the wine glass are my favourites but everything is great. Let's see how many duplicates we get next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just didn't like the reflection in Helen's glasses. The angle was wrong :(

      Delete