I guess I haven't been overly inspired by the topics of late. I also don't think I actually understood the topic "wide angle". I assumed this would just be pictures of landscapes and such that I would take without any zoom (remember that I don't have a big fancy SLR camera with interchangeable lenses, each of which is worth way more than my camera). Then I looked at Sharon's pictures and felt confused; she had close up flowers that she took with a wide angle lense. That just baffled me completely and then I felt overwhelmed. I also felt like I couldn't move on without finishing that week first (sort of like math class - I finally figured out the first basic calculus formula while studying for my final exam and then didn't have time to learn all the others that came after!) Sharon reminded me of Maxine's major catch up last year though and I decided that if I only posted one picture for each of my missed weeks, I could then move on. So here goes....
WIDE ANGLE
This first one I actually took last weekend at a friend's house. We were there for a barbecue and as we were getting ready to leave, we noticed this gorgeous harvest moon. I don't think the camera fully captures the beauty of the sky and moon but you get the idea.
This one I took on Thursday night. My parents had the kids camping with them again at Brimley State Park so Robert and I headed over after work to join them for dinner and a swim since it was another hot, humid week. I couldn't really take too many wide angled shots of the beach as there were loads of people on it and I didn't want my wide angles to be people's butts. I noticed this log on the beach though so tried to incorporate it to add some interest to the lake.
FINDING BEAUTY IN THE ORDINARY
I'm not sure this picture actually meets either definition. The very size of this creature I discovered on our back deck is anything but ordinary in my mind. In addition, the creature itself is anything but beautiful in my mind. I find the webs they spin extraordinary however.
I also decided to include a picture I took of our friends' baby girl, who is clearly not a baby any more as she starts Junior Kindergarten this week. She was doing a very ordinary task of eating a marshmallow by a campfire yet she looked beautiful doing it.
SKIES (or 'Natural Light' as Duncan changed the topic to as per Sharon's recommendation)
The first one was again taken at Brimley on Thursday. I didn't have a lot of time to capture it as I had to snap quickly between people walking into the frame.
This one was taken last night at a friends' back to school/end of summer barbecue. The campfire was again Duncan's idea of a 'natural light'.
And that's it for these 3 weeks....Hopefully I can be more motivated moving forward. I will start to look for letters tomorrow! Happy back to school! Have a great week!
Yay, Pam! That's so funny that you just did all that organizing/cleaning. Levi and I sat down tonight to make a list of all the areas in the house that need purging. Unlike you however, we planned the work sessions over several weekends that will take us until the beginning of December. Love everything. I am jealous of your super moon. I went out at moonrise to get it but there was low cloud and I didn't feel like waiting two hours for the moon to get high enough for me to see it. Where were you? The beach with the log and the campfire are my favourites and I love the safety-first water buckets in the background.
ReplyDeleteWe were on Leigh's Bay Road at a friend's. If I scheduled the purge, it would never happen - other things would arise and I'd put it off and it would never ever get done...
DeleteLovely pictures Pam! I love the picture taken at the beach with the log and the campfire picture is so real!!! I want to extend a branch over it and cook a marshmallow! The web is perfect, and that little girl....just a cutie pie! Great pics!
ReplyDelete