Sunday, 27 September 2015

Sharon's Week 38: Time for Quiet Reflection

Reflections

I am so happy and relaxed and this was the perfect topic for this week.  I just got home from an awesome book club weekend at Wakomata Lake.  The company, the conversations, the funnier-than-you-can-believe game of Catchphrase, the food, the wine, the sangria (that I made for the first time and was a hit), the sitting on the dock having coffee for hours each morning...I could go on but I don't want everyone to get too jealous and I am sure that Pam will be telling you the same when she gets on-line later.

As for the photography this week, I was planning to find different things to find reflections in like shiny objects or other reflective surfaces but that didn't happen.  If I do this project again next year I will have to put in "reflections not in water" as a topic to challenge the creativity a bit more.  We were lucky enough to have some great sunny weather this week so opportunities for reflections were abundant.  

After staying home Wednesday with a crazy head cold, I woke up Thursday feeling just fine so I headed out on my regular Thursday trip to Elliot Lake.  I am so fortunate that I didn't miss that sunrise.  The colour began at about 6:30 while I was passing Echo Bay and the sky was beautiful all the way to Blind River over an hour later.  I wasn't really watching for moose or deer though because I kept staring at the sky and looking for opportunities to pull over and photograph it.  This first shot was taken just past Thessalon.  I decided that this qualified for "reflections" as the rays of the sunrise were reflected on the clouds.


The next one was taken a half hour later just before Blind River.  The reflections on the undersides of the little clouds are a bit more obvious in this one.


Also, as I drove beside the Blind River, I was watching for the reflected trees and rocks in the water as I have seen on many of my trips along the highway.  For some reason on Thursday and again when I drove out there on Friday, the reflections just weren't there.  This was the best I could get.  I don't think you can see it with the picture this size but there is a bald eagle flying through the frame...just above and to the right of middle, you may see a white speck.


Last Monday I headed to Whitfish Island looking for reflections but again, the sun was in the wrong place or the water was too ripply.  I did like this tree however I wish that the pond wasn't so icky.


And we know that I love our bridge.  Here it is with a bit of it reflected in the slightly less icky other pond.


Then I headed to City Hall which is made mostly of gold windows.  It was sunset and I wanted the sunset and bridge reflected.  I didn't know that the windows would be so filthy but I took my shots anyway.


It was beautiful Friday afternoon as I headed up to Mary's camp and I stopped a few times to take photographs.  Here is one.  I don't think the colours are going to be fantastic this year...they are fairly muted so far.


Saturday morning at the dock... (thanks, Pam for being an early bird with me).


A little later...(when the rest were up).


I have already done next week's assignment since Mary's camp was the perfect place to do it but you'll have to wait till next weekend to see it.  Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful! I love the Friday afternoon shot with the muted colors in the trees....those fluffy clouds in the shot with the dock are absolutely beautiful. Your first shot with the morning sky is also very beautiful and those golden windows! Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sunrise pictures from Thursday are spectacular! I thought you weren't including any of the pictures from Saturday sunrise so that I could...liar! haha. Beautiful pictures, Sharon. The city hall one and the one en route to Mary's camp are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete