Saturday, 26 September 2015

Week 38 - Reflections

I was excited with this week's topic.  I love having a look around to see what items are being reflected.

If you google Reflections in Ottawa, a number of suggestions pop up.

One of them was this sphere which was commissioned in 1966 to celebrate the National Research Council's 50th birthday.  It is located not too far from where I live so I decided it would be easy to check out after work this week.  It has a diameter of 365M and weighs about a tonne. 



It was such a beautiful day today (Saturday).  Great day to go downtown and see what reflection pictures could be taken.  The canal was a little rough so the reflections on the water were limited. 
I still got a few in though.  Here they are:









Luckily my city is full of tall skyscrapers that reflect very well....here are some shots taken throughout.

The west wing reflecting on one of the bank towers:


I found it interesting that there is graffiti that high up on the buildings...



Reflection of a Timmy's window....


This building appears to have columns that run up and down....are there enough satellites on the rooftop?

 
Clock tower reflection:


 
This one made me laugh because it appears that the bear status is settled in a park with trees but it really isn't!


This one was taken on Sparks street.  In the summer, there are many festivals held here.

 
 
 
Me and the benches reflectd in an enclave.
 
 


This is the convention center.  I liked how there were cars at the car show but then you can see the traffic below being reflected onto it.



and a few puddle reflection....






That's it for me this week!

Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Chantal, you did exactly what I planned/wanted to do but didn't...find different kinds of reflections. Awesome. My favourite is the Timmy's window I think because of the double vision effects and the colours but I also love the water ones with the beautiful blue sky reflected in the water along with the structures, and I;m going to have to remember that sphere the next time I visit Ottawa! I think it's great that you saw so many different things reflected in those great buildings...I think we usually walk on past and don't notice the beauty around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seriously need to put Ottawa onto our next year's travel plans! It's incredibly beautiful, at least it is in your photos! My favourite is the sphere (it reminds me of the millenium bean in Chicago), and the Parliament building reflection. The colours in your pictures are so incredibly vibrant! Love them!

    ReplyDelete