Besides the fact that I wasn't inspired by the assignment, I also just seemed to be lacking in time. Between kids' activities, baking not one but two meringues for a dinner party we were attending on Saturday night (the first one was flat and round, not fluffy and heart-shaped), and attempting to keep all limbs attached in the bitter cold at Bon Soo and Cub Family Fun Day this weekend, there just wasn't a lot of extra photography time. On my way home from work I'd even decided I was just going to post an "I've got nothing" blog. Being the good little doobie I am though, I detoured via the waterfront to snap the picture I'd been imagining. I took it in colour as well as black and white because as I already mentioned, it hadn't occurred to me that taking the photo in black and white in the first place would give "shades of grey", and not of the 50 shades variety.
This is the 'Spirits Rising' monument that graces our waterfront. It apparently represents "the society of a crossroad of cultures, of a community defying hardship for the greater good of Sault Ste. Marie".
I'm not sure what this week's assignment is but here's hoping it's a little more exciting.....
Great call Pam. Love your interpretation but agree that the final one with some sun is more inspiring because there has been too much grey around here lately. Excellent framing on all the photo's.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I didn't think of that! I'm not sure how they get all that crossroads business from the sculpture but I love your shots anyway. I too like to sunset one best.
ReplyDeleteNeat! I particularly like the framing in the first shot, and of course, the one with the sunset is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea Pam! Great shots!
ReplyDelete