Sunday, 22 February 2015

Joanne's Weeks 6 and 7 - Two for One

I didn't post my visually explored word last week so it's a combo posting to catch up.


Some of you will have seen this photo of Sammy that appeared on Instagram. I called this one "Begging". It is Sam's specialty and he is very good at it. In most cases, it works and he gets the treat. The odd time....yeah...what am I saying...it works EVERY time!!!



My initial idea was to use the pristine, white snow in the front yard and food colouring to create some contrast. However, the messy raccoons left muddy tracks all over the canvass so that idea went out the window. (I am still wondering where they got the mud!!) I had prepped some coloured water in the meantime so I went liquid/solid on a white background. I guess that's more opposite than contrast but I hope it works all the same.

Now to think of a frame within a frame.....Hmmmmmm.......

5 comments:

  1. That photo of Sammy is gorgeous. Great idea with the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on... Of course Sammy gets a treat every time... How could anyone resist that cutie pie face. Great idea with the coloured water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a "cat" person but I really like Sammy's name and Sammy's begging expression!!!
    Great idea for solid and liquid ..pretty green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy that is a pretty intense stare! Great shot! Love the solid/liquid idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the solid/liquid idea and the colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete