I'm a little late with this week's assignment, but I'm glad I waited...its such a gorgeous day today that I had a wonderful time walking through the neighborhood capturing the beautiful fall colors. I had hoped that the pedestrian bridge that was being worked on earlier this summer would be complete but to no avail. That's where the 30 minutes expired...
I too decided to use my camera but I stuck to one lens and on automatic. I can still see the face of my photography teacher, judging me as I went along. The first thing he taught us was NEVER use the green automatic feature on your camera! I have to admit though, I loved the fact that I didn't have to think about the shot, just take it. Some ended up blurry as I was trying to find something in the spot that was worth photographing...the wandering squirrel, the flight of a bird....but all in all it was a good experiment.
I set my phone to go off every minute, wandered the neighborhood to the bank of the Ottawa river taking random shots as I went. Here they are in order...
Have a great week everyone....thankful to be able to participate in this blog!
Holy cow! I want to live in your neighbourhood. What a great set of photos you got just walking along...and, you got what I wanted from mine but didn't get - variety. I am having a hard time choosing some favourites but the blurry playground equipment behind that XOX thing certainly stands out, as do the colours in the leaves, berries and sky. The building with the soft grass in front is also beautiful and I love the graphic design of that white building against the blue, blue sky. Excellent week.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Sharon - what a fantastically photogenic neighbourhood! I love the 2nd maple leaves, the XOX, the berries/leaves, the pumpkins and that picture of the rocks, water, and coloured leaves! Awesome. They're fantastic!
ReplyDelete