Saturday, 3 October 2015

Pam's Week 39: Step One - We Can Have Lots of Fun...

Step Two - There's so much we can do
Step Three - It's just you and me
Step Four - I can give you more
Step Five - Don't you know that the time has arrived?

Aaaah...Step by Step....

Oh yes I did - I pulled out the New Kids on the Block for those lyrics.  It's too bad there really weren't 10 steps as that would have been more accurate given that this week's topic was "10 steps from your door".  Sharon pointed that out to me last weekend while we were still at Wakamata.  I'm a little nervous that we may have found similar shots in the 10 steps as there are only so many doors to walk away from.  Hopefully I chose different ones to post though as I certainly don't want anyone comparing my more amateur than amateur photos to Sharon's semi-professional ones!  I could have waited until I got home but as much as I've tried to fix up our gardens this summer, they are really no competition with Mary's, even at her camp (that would be cottage to you Southern Ontario folk, cabin to those of you out west and I'm not exactly sure what friends from other parts of the world call it - summer home maybe?).

It's sort of hard to believe that it's only been a week since we said good bye to Wakamata for another year and returned to our real lives.  The weather, which was so gorgeous last weekend, turned rather chilly this week, yet my son continues to insist on wearing shorts while my husband and I are trying our darnedest not to break down and turn on the heat.  I did start up the fireplace the other night though; it was absolutely necessary!

Anyways, here are my finds, 10 steps from one door or another at Mary's....


I just thought this little old guy was kind of cute...

After I snapped this photo, Sharon informed me that she'd placed the leaves there.  Here I thought they'd just fallen perfectly...

From the back door (or front door, I suppose), I liked the view of this bench and the firepit.  It's too bad the sky was so cloud-covered on Sunday.

This flower caught my eye even though it's clearly past it's prime.  It was found in the flower bed in front of the cottage.

I thought this piece of driftwood, in the same flower bed, looked like a wolf.

I liked the multi-coloured horseshoes.

Is this not the cutest little garden shed ever?

I decided to re-interpret 10 steps from the door and take an indoor shot.  Look at this view...incredible.

Now I suppose I should check out the assignment for this week.  Let's see if the motivation and inspiration can continue in the cold....

3 comments:

  1. It didn't occur to me to go ten steps inside...I love that shot and wow, with Mary's decor there could have been so many more opportunities. The wolf driftwood was a great catch. Did you show Duncan because I think it looks like a pokemon - don't know the name but it is a fox or wolf with flames coming out of his head, just like the driftwood. I like the angle of your horseshoes shot better than mine but I too liked the colours. Way to go, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't but it does look like Reshiram?

      Delete
  2. I love the flower shot passed its prime and love the interpretation that you used inside the house too and you are right....the view looks absolutely spectacular. I think you really did a great job with this weeks topic.

    ReplyDelete