Saturday, 13 June 2015

Sharon's Week 23: All About Colour

Colours

What a busy week it was for me.  Tuesday was the only day in which my evening was free but I was lazy and didn't do a thing that night.  We had Levi's grade eight graduation on Thursday and this weekend I am helping out with a book sale at the mall to raise money for The Animal Assistance Group.  Plus, my sister is here and today was my mom's birthday (happy birthday again, mom!).  I didn't get the camera out until last night when Levi, my sister and I went for a walk at Bellevue Park.  
Last Sunday I looked at this week's assignment and I thought that I would be really creative and make photographs that used colour to portray a mood, make a statement and wow my audience (I took an online course a couple of years ago called "All About Colour").  That would have required brain power that I just couldn't find in me this week so you are going to see flowers and a few other colourful things that I was able to find around Bellevue Park last night and at my parents' campground this afternoon.  I should have plenty of time for photographs next week...Levi will be on his class trip from Monday to Friday.  What will the cats and I do all week?

This orange colour is typical of summer at camp...whether it is for keeping the bugs away or for making s'mores (but not both at the same time!).


Levi says that black is not actually a colour but you get a picture of my little Bellatrix anyway.


You have probably noticed that I like flowers.  Here are a few...

pink and blue


blue and purple


pinkish purple and yellow


lilac (but not on a lilac)


A little bit of patriotism is next.


And this is more the type of thing I thought I would do this week.  My sister spotted this little girl and I tried to photograph her without being noticed.  Because of that, I didn't have my settings right and she and her dad are not in perfect focus.  I like the photo anyway so here are some cute pink pants.


I am looking forward to seeing how this very vague topic was interpreted this week.

2 comments:

  1. I love your interpretation of this week's assignment! I love, love, love that blue and purple flower; I tried taking photos of it again this week but it wasn't working out. After seeing yours, I'm glad I gave up on that! That orange flame reminds me of summer (fingers crossed it will be soon!) and little Bellatrix is pretty stinking cute. By the way, I think black is all the colours which makes it a colour in itself in my mind :) Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers and flag are beautiful! I also love the summer camp fire and the kittens must be quite entertaining. That little girl with dad? is very cute in her pink pants....

    ReplyDelete