Friday, 19 June 2015

Pam's Week 24: You Better Work (Supermodel), Work it Girl...

So this week's topic was "Work the Subject".  I have to admit that I was glad that Sharon attempted to explain what that was supposed to mean in her assignment list.  Besides that, I was even happier to know that she was only a phone call away as this was getting to one of those technical photographer terms that I'm not familiar with.  To make me even happier still, she asked me to meet her at Farmer Bob's one evening so that we could take photos together!

This has been an interesting week.  From a work perspective, I'm dealing.  Poor Sharon got an earful on Thursday following yet another one of our meetings, but it is what it is and I am trying to move forward with much more caution and bigger walls.

Otherwise, the chaos of this time of the year with the winter activities just wrapping up while the summer activities have already started and trying to prepare for the end of the school year (aak - teacher gifts!)....It's just pure insanity.  Robert and I were quite proud, though admittedly shocked, when Duncan was awarded the "Most Polite" award at his end of year Cubs potluck.  We know he has the potential but we don't usually get to witness the "quiet, polite, always respectful, kind, well-behaved, rule following" child others tell us about.  I like to believe that my friend is right and that it's a reflection that we are good parents when the kids are great in public.  Sometimes I'd like to experience that myself, though, too.....

Anyways, I have lots of photos this week so I should probably get on with it.  At Farmer Bob's, there is an old chapel that I have always liked.  I decided to make that my "subject" this week.  I'm not sure if what I did was actually what was intended, but regardless, here it goes....

Wide Angle (I see I got some glare from the sun - oops)



Close Up



A view from a window


Inside the church


Looking out the door (I liked the reflection of the window)


The lupins labyrinth


I kind of liked how the church looked washed out in this one.

From the side


The setting sun (unfortunately we didn't catch the sunset itself)


A rooftop friend


A close up of the cross


An Antler


A Reflection in the Window


Farmer Bob's Wife


The Goat Walk


Farmer Bob's Dog


And that's it for this week...looks like Horizons are up for next week...Yikes....Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Lots of awesome shots, Pam. Maxine asked me why we insist on getting together for some of these projects since is always so cold those days (think Pointe Des Chenes, eyes closed, kids on bikes...). The reflection in the window is one of my favourites, maybe because I still can't figure out what was being reflected. The sunlight window inside the church is another favourite. Great ideas, all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is right - even on nice warm days, it turns frigid once we meet up. Perhaps Mother Nature is trying to tell us something....

      Delete
  2. The shots taken of the church close up and far and wide are lovely. I also love the shot looking out the door and the reflection in the window is awesome! Great shots Pam!

    ReplyDelete