With all this going on in addition to the regular spring activities that haven't yet completed, the summer activities that have already started, the winding down of the school year, the umpteen festivals we are trying to attend and a retirement party, it is no wonder I didn't snap a single photo for this week's assignment until today. When I drove in the pouring rain to pick Duncan up from his Cuboree campout last weekend and saw the lovely green pathways, I had decided I would endeavour to take monochromatic photos of every colour of the rainbow this week. I didn't want to get out of the car in my flipflops in the mud and pouring rain to attempt the green shot, however, so thought maybe I'd make it back later in the week. Let me save you the suspense - that didn't happen nor did my monochromatic rainbow shots. Danica and I headed to the greenhouse at Bellevue Park to try to take photos of every colour in flowers but I didn't have much success there either. Finally, I settled on a couple of shots of rainbows and thought I'd call it a week....
This slide was actually closed but I had Danica climb onto it from the bottom so I could snap the photo.
The kids and I walked over to an open field next to their school to fly kites. Duncan has a great shark kite but I thought this rainbow one from the dollar store would be more colourful.
Now in looking at the flower photos, there are some pretty and colourful ones; I just wasn't able to capture all the colours in the rainbow. Here are some of them anyways....
Violet
Indigo
Green
Yellow (and red)
Hot Pink (technically not a rainbow colour)
White (technically not a colour at all but rather the absence of colour)
As you can see, I am missing blue and orange. But hey, I tried!
I might just admit that I'm a little intimidated by this week's subject. I may have to have Sharon drag me out of the house to provide me with some guidance and instruction as I'm not even sure I understand the topic totally. Of course, I could just wing it and see if I'm anywhere close to the intent of the assignment.
Here's hoping this next week is better than the past few, in general and in photographic inspiration!
The action kite flying shot is my absolute favourite this week although Danica on the slide is great too. I have that same hot pink flower but I didn't like the lighting in mine so I didn't use it. I love all the flowers and the green leaf is so interesting. As you read in my blog, I am free this week...just let me know when you are too. I am so sorry your meeting was crap and that your work environment is still so toxic. Any time you need ice cream...
ReplyDeleteI wish I was close enough to hug you.... but this is all I can offer. () I hope this week is better then your last one. Aside from that you have some great shots this week. Again, it is so wonderful to see your kids growing up in the pictures you post. I too love the kite picture and that green shot is very interesting. I also love the violet and indigo shots. Well done! I'd totally go for that offer for ice cream....
ReplyDelete