So the topic this week was "Horizons" which shouldn't actually be all that difficult. The problem, though, is that you actually have to take your camera out of its case in order to capture the photo. The other challenge is that you actually have to go somewhere where you can see the horizon as for most of us city folk, it isn't readily visible from our yards. Needless to say, this didn't happen for me this week. One morning I was tempted to go into work late so that I could head down to the river to take a photo of the horizon in the fog but it didn't happen. One morning when I awoke around 4:30 a.m. and saw the glorious colours of the sunrise outside I considered throwing on some clothes to head down to the river to take a sunrise photo of the horizon but that didn't happen either. One evening Sharon asked if I was interested in driving out to Gros Cap with her to take some sunset horizon photos but, you guessed it, that also didn't happen. What did happen was a journey through my photo archives to find some horizon photos....
First up is a photo taken in 2002. I was living in Singapore at the time but my parents and brother came to visit and we went to Australia and drove along the Great Ocean Road from Melbourne to Sydney. It was the first family road trip in quite a long time and my brother and I were on our best behaviour, worried that now my father may actually carry through on his threat to pull over and leave us on the side of the road if we were fighting...
I also took a trip to Beijing while I was living in Singapore. While there, I visited the Great Wall of China which is another amazing sight.
Before moving back from Singapore, my friend, Ron, came to visit and we traveled to Vietnam and Cambodia. This is a picture taken from Angkor Wat.
In 2012, Robert and I went to Las Vegas to celebrate our 40th birthdays. While there, we went to the Grand Canyon. Pictures really don't do it justice. It is seriously breathtakingly awesome.
Last summer, Robert and I and the kids and my parents met my mom's Aunt Lorraine and my Grandmother on Manitoulin Island for a couple of days. They rented a cabin and we tented on the beach in front of it. That light to the bottom left was the last ferry coming in from Tobermory.
This past January, Robert and I went on a cruise to celebrate our 10th anniversary. This photo was taken atop El Castillo, a gorgeous ruin in Belize.
I do have some vacation coming up this week so hopefully I can manage to get the camera out and fulfill this week's assignment....If not, I am hoping the sun continues to shine and the weather continues to be warm. Fingers crossed that this past weekend has not been the extent of our summer for this year but merely a little tease for what's to come....Have a great week and Happy Canada Day!


Beautiful photos, Pam. I wish I had archives like that! Australia and the Great Wall are my favourites but they are all fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you do, Sharon. I've seen your photography skills! The Australia and Great Wall photos were taken with my very first digital 2.3 MP camera!
DeleteWow! So wonderful to see all of these trips through your photos. You have visited a lot of wonderful sights with beautiful horizons. I don't think I can pick a favorite, just wonderful!
ReplyDelete