Saturday, 6 June 2015

Sharon's Week 22: I've Got Your Number!

This photo has nothing to do with the blog...I just didn't want that zero on the front when I post on Facebook.


Numbers

I really love doing this...looking for letters and numbers in our everyday world.  The delight in finding that particularly tricky one (like 5 or Q) makes any photo walk well worth the effort.  I've been doing this for several years now, since I started making photobooks of our camping trips.  What I did not realize is that numbers seem to be a bit more elusive than letters.

Those of you who know me will know that I needed to find all of the numerals.  Luckily, I had some help with these finds...Maxine spotted some last Sunday while we were out for a beautiful morning walk, Pam suggested the 2 idea and my friend Ali found my 9 last night.  Many thanks to all.  

My zero is a lovely knot in a tree on the Hub Trail.


One is the smoke stack at the old hospital, also as seen from the Hub Trail.


It's baby season on the water.  My two is actually 222 and comes to us courtesy of Whitefish Island.  This was actually a family with two adults and six kids.


Three is the shadow of the chain link railing along the waterfront portion of the Hub Trail.  It was actually facing the other direction and I had to flip it in my software.


This four is the shadow created by a telephone pole.


I was desperate for a five.  Pam saw an amazing one when we were out on Monday before book club but I just couldn't find one all week.  Last night I saw this under a park bench at the locks.  You kind of have to know what you're looking for to see it.


Yesterday my team at work had a meeting/potluck/retirement celebration at the beautiful home belonging to one of my colleagues.  Her husband is quite musical and they have a grand piano in the living room.  My six is one of the legs.


Seven is a rotated armrest of a park bench.


This eight was on the path at Whitefish Island last night.


And finally, nine is a knot and split in the wood on the handrail on one of the boardwalks on Whitefish Island.


I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else saw.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics, Sharon! I don't even even know which is my fave though I like your tree knots and the lighting better than mine. Love the ducks, and love the shadow play! Great find on those 5 and 6's too. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! You make it look so easy each week! Love the 6 and 3 the best. Looks like we had the same idea for 2 this week!

    ReplyDelete