One Object on Various Surfaces
I am really going to have to give myself a kick in the behind and stop predicting my procrastination. Last week I said that at the rate I was going, I wouldn't pick up my camera this week until Saturday. I was right. I headed out into the backyard a couple of hours ago and that was the sum total of my photograph making this week.
On a personal note, our family increased by two this morning...Bellatrix and Narcissa finally joined us. The poor babies are in hiding in the nooks and crannies in the TV room. Levi got them to come out and play a bit shortly after they came home but they won't come out for me at all this afternoon. I am sure that they will become more comfortable eventually but one of the problems is that Eclipse won't tolerate me being behind a closed door. She will meow and scratch and try her best to open the door so my time in the kitten room is limited by my tolerance for her whining. I'll put Levi on kitten duty again when he gets home and hopefully I'll have happier tidings for you next week.
About this week's topic, I can't find where I got the idea from in order to figure out what I was supposed to learn from this process. I'm not sure if it is supposed to make me think about backgrounds more (I am already pretty particular about this) or maybe the object itself changes slightly in appearance depending on what the background is or maybe the background can change the feeling of the photo. I'm not sure I noticed anything much apart from the fact that the object I chose deteriorated as I was shooting.
So all of these were taken in my backyard this afternoon.
weathered wood...
grass...
chicken wire on the concrete pad...
chicken wire held up...
lemon balm...
an interesting gathering of weeds in my side garden...
patio furniture...
patio stone...
trampoline...
rusty spike...
My favourites are the rusty spike (maybe because of the colours and patterns), the raised chicken wire (maybe because of all of the contrasts inherent in the photo) and the weathered wood (again, maybe because of the contrast or maybe because I love weathered wood).
Looking forward to seeing some other objects photographed in different ways.
Love all the contrast in the colors but my favorite is the rusty spike! Great job as always! Cant wait to see pictures of the kittens! Your house will be filled with fun antics I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteMy favourites are the rusty spike, the chicken wire held up and the weathered wood. I like how you positioned the dandelion the same on all the surfaces. The contrasts are striking too! Great week!
ReplyDelete