Lines
I know that the lyrics are "Sign, sign, everywhere a sign" but the song was going through my head all week with the word line in it so that just had to be my title. I say all week but I didn't actually get the camera out until Thursday. I had ideas in my head of freshly turned farmers' fields but I looked all the way to Elliot Lake and back and no farms are at that stage yet. I thought of railroad tracks heading off into the distance but I just couldn't find the right spot for that around here. I thought of paths meandering away but I didn't go anywhere with meandering paths this week. I was getting worried but then I decided to relax my definition of "lines" a bit and I headed to the greenhouse yesterday. While I was there an older couple came in. I heard them chatting and I wondered why they weren't wandering around...they seemed to be staying in one spot for a long time. When I came around the corner and saw them, they were unpacking their lunch. I thought that was such a cool idea...to have lunch in such beautiful surroundings...a little warm maybe, but beautiful.
Anyway, I have a few photos in which lines figure prominently but I also have some for which you have to be flexible.
Parallel C-shaped lines...
Lines forming a starburst...
Parallel triangular lines...
Lines that make me think of aliens...
Zig zaggy lines...
Soft curvy lines...
Parallel diagonal lines...
Lines of defense...
Lines commonly seen in summer...
The line of a simple machine...
Lines topped with tulips...
A line of raindrops...
That's all folks. Happy Victoria Day weekend!
I don't know what else to say but WOW! Wish we had a greenhouse nearby where I could go and take pictures. The lighting and the colors are beautiful. I love the tulip with the water drops, the parallel C shaped lines, the starburst, the parallel triangular lines and the soft curvy lines best. The zig zaggy lines remind me of a dinosaur for some reason. Well done Sharon!
ReplyDeleteSeriously incredible week, Sharon! Such a great interpretation of the assignment! You may just be part genius...I see why the one set of lines remind you of an alien - they are slightly alien-like. The raindrops, zigzaggy lines and hotdogs are my faves. Great week!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Nice job stealing my lyrics as blog post title idea :)
ReplyDelete