I will admit that my procrastination tendencies kicked into high gear again this week. I didn't even contemplate what I might try to snap photos of for the blog until Friday night, and even then it was in my sleep. With all the chaos and tragedy in the world this week in addition to the stress and insanity that is my daily existence at work right now, my sleep has been majorly impaired. On Friday night, I dreamt that Danica and I were on the run from armed gunmen through a dark jungle/field in Singapore that we worried would be rife with snakes as we headed to the Esplanade (a theatre complex in Singapore that looks like two large Durians) to take photos for the blog. If that's not convoluted, I don't know what is. I'm more than a little afraid to try to look that up in a dream dictionary!
Duncan and I headed out this afternoon to snap a few photos (I know Sharon would consider this late for last week's post but I figure better late than never!). We had strange looks from an old guy as we stopped to take photos of the new Mosque in town, which wasn't nearly as architecturally impressive as I hoped. We then drove along and took photos of a couple of steeples, entryways, towers, building angles but I'm not particularly excited about any of them. Perhaps the fact that I've been spending lots of time looking through old photo albums in order to make photobooks with all my old photos and seeing some pretty impressive architecture is diminishing my excitement for my home-grown buildings. So what, then, shall I post? Some photos from the archives? Some of our shots from this afternoon? Photos from my dreams? How about a combination of all of the above? "A bit of each" as we say in our house when choosing between 2 things for dessert (ie., different flavours of ice cream, pie vs. cake, 2 different types of pie). A bit of each it is....
The Esplanade in Singapore
The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
The Chipping Campden Market in England
The Opera House and Harbour Bridge in Sydney, Australia
The Temple of Heaven in Beijing
The Yangon Supreme Court in Yangon, Myanmar
Banteay Srei (Citadel of Women) in Angkor, Cambodia
The Precious Blood Cathedral Steeple in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Duncan actually took this photo.
This is our new Mosque. I'm not sure of the name. It's not looking very much like it's in use yet. Old men who live across the street don't like when you stop out front to take photos though!
This is the Machine Shop at Mill Square. The former St. Mary's Paper is getting a new lease on life as home to the Mill Market, the Algoma Conservatory of Music, indoor and outdoor concert/event venues.
Our Memorial Tower
There are curves and lines in the Bushplane Museum entrance.
The Old Clergue Blockhouse
And that's all for my perfect imperfections this week....Apparently next week's topic is "shapes". That's awfully wide open to interpretation, I think. Hopefully it's easy as I'm not too hopeful that life outside of this blog will be this week.....Have I told you lately how I HATE drama, lies, liars, and confrontation? Well, I do...so wish me luck!



We need to catch up! I'm beginning to feel better this morning so maybe this weekend? You are so well-travelled. Those are awesome places that you have visited. You did capture some of the unique architecture here in the Soo too. I had no idea we had a mosque. Where is it? By the way, my shapes are going to be significantly open to interpretation...shape of a camel, shape of a balloon, etcetera :).
ReplyDeleteThe mosque doesn't look open yet but is located behind Precious Blood Cathedral. That in itself caused lots of ridiculous comments on sootoday!
Delete