Hands Holding Objects
What a wonderful week of vacation I have had. I was near Traverse City, Michigan at a Gallant (my mom's maiden name) family reunion. We were a smallish group compared to our last reunion five years ago but we had all sorts of fun. It was so nice to see aunts and cousins that I never see other than in Facebook posts and aunts and cousins that I never see, period. My mom's family has spread all over North America so popping in for a visit is not an option. Let's see if I can get this correct: Aunt Mona is in Tucson, Aunt June is in Peterborough, Aunt Irma is in Indianapolis, Aunt Elayne (mom, to me) is in the Sault, Aunt Iris is in Bowmanville, Uncle Clarence is somewhere in P.E.I - I forget where, Uncle Claude is in Charlottetown and Uncle Roger is in Greenwood, Nova Scotia (I think). I won't even attempt to list where all the cousins live...I would fail miserably.
The highlights of the week were the birthday party at which we celebrated a couple of 50s and an 80 that were/will be achieved in 2015 ( and at which "festive" clothing was encouraged but birthday suits were forbidden), a trip to the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes where I witnessed some pretty impressive athletics by my relatives and a positively evil scavenger hunt that was devised by my sister, Anne. I believe that the people of Interlochen will forever remember Thursday, July 16, 2015 as The Day of the Weirdos.
As for the photographs, I informed my family that I needed hands holding objects for this week and they happily obliged. I was amazed at the variety of objects that cropped up...no duplicates needed.
First we have Levi's hand holding a cute little frog he found in the field where we tended to congregate.
This could be the hand of any number of people but it is holding a much needed refreshment during a hot and humid afternoon.
My cousin Alison holding a bubble wand and trying to interest the little kids (who didn't appear interested at the time).
This is Morgan reading my brother's book ( a shameless plug, I know). Morgan is my cousin Holly's daughter so what does that make her...second cousin or first cousin once removed? I can never keep that straight.
My cousin Kelly (the other Kelly...yes, there are two) catches a well-thrown Frisbee.
Aunt Irma bid 20 on this hand...it was probably a good thing she didn't get the bid. This game of Auction likely broke a world record as it took two and a half hours for one team to finally win.
My cousin Kim tried to help the warm card players but for some reason, they didn't seem to appreciate her assistance.
My nephew John barbecued some yummy looking steaks for his family. Good job with the parenting, Pete and Darlene!
Holly is dressed "festively" for the birthday party.
Kelly's husband Jon busks for his dinner.
My Aunt Iris is excited for her sister, Aunt Mona's 80th birthday (which I am sure she would want me to tell you HAS NOT HAPPENED YET).
My sister-in-law Darlene is wondering what the heck is in Alison's hand so close to her nose. Actually, she was putting tattooed nose rings on all takers.
Kelly and Jon's two year old picking raspberries. He was so cute to watch...my aunt and I weren't picking them for him fast enough so he picked his own...sometimes using his hands and sometimes just reaching right over with his mouth.
I couldn't whittle them down any further so there you go. Looking forward to another one in 2020.
I'm not sure if I can pick a favourite this week, Sharon. I initially thought I liked the frog but then the wine looks so refreshing (and much like how I imagined but couldn't execute mine), the juggling is so impressive, the others are so fun and the little kid picking raspberries is so cute! I like them all! great week!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful memories captured in these pictures! I love the frog....but I agree with Pam that there are so many great shots it is hard to pick just one.
ReplyDelete