Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Pam's Week 28: My Hands are Small I Know, But They're Not Yours, They are My Own

Actually, my hands aren't small at all, but apparently Jewel's are.  Some of the hands in this week's post will be too.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, I began the photos for this particular week back at the beginning of the month.  I had a few days vacation after Canada Day.  My parents had been camping in Brimley, Michigan and invited us to join them for a few days.  Having nothing better to do, we headed over there.  While there, I began taking photos of "hands holding things" only to have Sharon burst my bubble a few days later while we were trying to photograph the American fireworks.  I believe I may have also mentioned in the post before last that while I was camping, I learned some surprising information.  The drinks you see in my hands may or may not be alcoholic and may or may not be helping me deal with the news...



I wish I'd gotten a photo of Robert pulling the handle on the slot machine when he won his $180 but I wasn't sure if photos/cameras were allowed in the casino.  I should ask my brother....Chris?  (let's see if he reads these posts or not).

Prior to taking photos of the American fireworks with Sharon, I convinced her to attend another Paintnite event with me.  I really liked the Swirly Bird painting and thought it might make a nice gift for a friend who's going through a rough time right now; it reminded me of her.  I decided a photo of my hand holding the paintbrush could be a good plan too.  Sharon told me if I set it up, she could snap the picture and it wouldn't be cheating but it felt like cheating to me so I took this picture left-handed...


On our way to Rock Lake, I liked how the rays of sun were reflecting on Robert's hands holding the steering wheel.  I also had to pull out the map which created another photo op.  Then at Rock Lake, Danica was holding a beach ball and I couldn't resist!




Later on in the week, we headed across the river to get gas so that we could pick Duncan up in Thessalon again.  While over there, we went downtown for an ice cream cone but were disappointed to find out that they were sold out of the Peanut Butter Mackinaw Island Fudge ice cream that we'd enjoyed so much last time we went to that shop.  Danica somehow ended up with ice cream on her forehead and toes, but first it was in her hand.


Finally (since I failed to take any pictures of us gripping the handlebars of our bikes on Mackinaw Island yesterday), I took the kids downtown to see the Rotaryfest Parade on Saturday morning.  It was rather disappointing this year but I did manage to capture a few more hands holding things...First there was our Town Crier leading the way, followed by a marching band holding a variety of instruments in their hands.  I've come to the realization that marching band musicians are quite talented - they manage to keep step, play an instrument, read the music if necessary and not fall down en route.  As a klutz, I find that rather impressive.




Now I'm all caught up...Our trip to Mackinaw Island yesterday provided me with lots of "street photography" opportunities as well so I have to now decide whether to keep writing and be fully caught up or wait until the weekend and hope for the best.....

2 comments:

  1. That woman has been the town crier for as long as I have lived in the Sault! Awesome variety of shots, Pam and I am particularly impressed with your left handed painting shot. My favourties are Danica with her ice cream, Robert's hand on the steering wheel and your first drink. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! I too love the steering wheel picture and the drink in your hand on that first shot. The colors in your left handed painting shot are wonderful. Great week Pam!

    ReplyDelete