Saturday, 5 December 2015

Sharon's Week 48: And Then There Was One

step by step

It looks like I will be finishing this year's project solo.  No worries, the whole thing started as a personal challenge last year with the 365 project as something to get me out shooting more and to find ways to continue to develop my skills. And I am doing that.  Everyone who participated both years had her own goals and benefited in her own way and I have enjoyed having the company along the way.  Now that's not to say there isn't an advantage to being the last woman standing:  for example, this week I snubbed my nose at the assignment for week 48 and did the one for week 49.  I have a reason (excuse?) though.  After thinking I was better last weekend, I became sicker and was home from work again, only to return on Friday.  Like last week, that did not lead to ideal photographic opportunities.  The step by step topic was something I thought I could do just today so that's what I did.  I'll do this week's topic next week...maybe, or maybe I'll just pick something depending on what pops up in my week...who knows?

Anyway, I can't believe it is almost the end of the year!  There are only four weeks left in this project and I am beginning to think about my plans for next year.  I am not sure I want something as structured as the project 365 or even the project 52 but I would like something that will keep me getting out and spending quality time with Hermione.  If you have any brilliant ideas, please let me know.

And speaking of the end of the year, that means Christmas is coming.  I am having a hard time getting into the spirit this year.  There wasn't the November build-up that I usually experience (I was otherwise occupied), we have NO SNOW and I haven't really been up and about much in order to immerse myself in the holiday spirit.  I hope that finally getting back to work on Monday and being with the kids (who will definitely be in the Christmas mood) will bring me that festive feeling.

To the project...I photographed the preparation of a grilled cheese sandwich.  I am not thrilled with the photos...food photography is a huge area of study that I have not even touched, but you may want to make yourself a sandwich nonetheless.  Here is the one I ate for supper.


But I started with the bacon in my stoneware.  I hate cooking bacon in a fry pan so even though it takes much longer, I always use the oven.


Cook it up nice and crispy.


Slice the cheese.


Assemble the sandwich.  Make sure there is cheese on both sides of the bacon so the bread sticks.


Use your nicest pan if you are going to take photos.


Don't leave the kitchen (safety first!) so you can catch the sandwich at the perfect level of brownness.


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment