Monday, 21 December 2015

Sharon's Week 50: Why Thank You, Thank You Very Much

complementary colours

I finally have my computer back after the new profile fiasco.  I did have to do some fine tuning and I had to re-add all my google shortcuts with the associated passwords but that was much better than the alternative: having lost all of the processing (mostly deleting) of the India photos, all photos since India and the project 52 photobook after October 17th.  So I thank the man in the too-small bowler hat at Clockwork Computers for his expertise.

Apart from that, my week was rather uneventful (unless you count the announcement that my employer will no longer be in the near future - CCACs are being disbanded and we will work directly for the LHINs - not sure how that will all work itself out but I am assured that my job will be safe).  

I do love colour and I was excited about this week but somehow time got away from me and like usual lately, things got left until the last minute.  If I recall correctly, I put this topic in for this week knowing that red and green, the colours of the season, are also complementary colours.  What I did not know was that I wouldn't be decorating this year (you can blame Bellatrix the Bad Cat for that).  Thank heavens for the Bulk Barn.

We begin with a red rose.  Last Saturday evening, Pam and I attended a fundraiser concert and each woman was given a rose.  I didn't want one...I figured the cats would just eat it when I got home, but then I realized that the rose and leaf together were complementary colours.


 When I went through the Christmas stuff looking for the cookie cutters, I found my Christmas napkins.  I decided to try some movement.  I set the camera with a slow shutter speed in the dark bathroom and moved the cloth in front of the lens.  Here is one that turned out. 


I love orange and blue together.  We had a blue sky for part of one day last week but I couldn't think of anything orange around town that I could use in front of the sky.  Instead, I bought candy.

Here is a simple gumball.


And here is some decorating sugar.



I decided that I don't really love purple and yellow together but made some photos anyway.

Some gumdrops.


And some sprinkles.


I also had some red and green sprinkles and tried some movement with them.  Here's one I like.


Merry Christmas all!

No comments:

Post a Comment